Whether you're looking to stay or looking to sell, the benefits of sealing your brick pavers are numerous. From minimizing maintenance to dramatically increasing the curb appeal of your home, Island Exteriors is here to help you make the right decisions. We're firm believers in utilizing the absolute best products on the market. We're so confident in our paver sealing process and the environmentally friendly products we use that we place an industry leading, 3 year warranty on all of our sealing projects!
Our Environmentally Friendly Paver Sealing Process
For a PERFECT sealing project, prep work is key. The majority of our time spent at your property involves preparing your brick pavers for the sealant. This includes:
- The first step is making any necessary repairs. Our goal is to leave your pavers looking absolutely breathtaking. There's no point in cleaning and sealing your pavers but leaving certain pavers sunken below or raised above proper level, cracked or crumbled pavers and loose pavers on steps. We always take care of that. It's part of your sealant package.
- We then use a proprietary blend of citrus and soy based cleaners to remove any organic staining, mold, mildew, rust, oil, etc. These cleaners will have no detrimental effect on surrounding plantings, walls, etc. and do not harm our waterways. If necessary, the pavers are also treated for efflorescence.
- The next step is the actual cleaning of your pavers. We use an adjustable pressure, high volume machine specifically designed for cleaning pavers. This machine is vital in the proper cleaning of your pavers as your everyday pressure washer can easily damage your pavers.
- We follow the cleaning with a 2 stage re-sanding process. Re-sanding the joints of your pavers to the proper level ensures joint stabilization, not allowing the pavers to shift under the weight of vehicles, etc..
- Finally, 3 coats of a commercial grade, water based sealant is SPRAYED onto the surface of your pavers. We use a 3 part sealant system that allows us to adjust the ratios depending on the type, condition and age of your pavers. Our electric sprayers are custom built specifically for the application of paver sealant. We prefer to spray the sealant as opposed to using a roller as it allows the sealant to penetrate all of the surfaces (chamfers, rounded edges) of the pavers instead of just the top surface. In some cases we will also broadcast a non-slip additive during this step.
Benefits of Sealing Your Pavers
- Greatly increases the curb appeal of your home.
- Prevents mildew, algae and most stains.
- Prevents fading.
- Inhibits weed growth.
- Protects against harmful UV rays.
- Locks the sand in the paver joints maintaining the structural integrity.
- Reduces the chances of slip and fall issues by eliminating mold and mildew.